Thursday, 5 November 2009
Of all the essential oils, Lavender is undoubtedly the most versatile with a wide range of properties from analgesic, antidepressant, antiseptic, antibacterial and antiviral to being an insect repellent and a sedative making it a must for all first aid kits.
Although Lavender is a native of the Mediterranean it is now cultivated worldwide and was always found growing in English country gardens and is as popular now as it was in Roman times. Lavender is one of the mildest yet most effective essential oil and probably one of the most widely used and well known – everyone can tell tales of their grandmas using Lavender Water.
During this year I have noticed an increase in the sales of our Sleep Massage Oil, as much as 50% which is a huge jump, making us realise the enormous problem people do have with sleep and quality sleep. Below are several ways of using Lavender oil to aid a restful and peaceful night :
1. Add a few drops of our Lavender essential oil to a warm bath, lay back, breath deeply and relax.
2. If you prefer a shower, place a few drops of our Lavender essential oil to the shower tray and breath in the aroma as you shower.
3. Massage your body, especially neck, shoulders and your feet with our Sleep Massage Oil after your bath.
4. Add a few drops of our Lavender essential oil to your pillow.
5. Use our Lavender Room Freshener and spray around your bedroom before going to sleep. This can also be lightly misted over your pillow and sheets.
6. Add a few drops of our Lavender essential oil to a hanky and pop under your pillow.
7. Add a few drops of our Lavender essential oil to a burner and place in your bedroom before going to bed to fill the air with a wonderful, relaxing aroma. N.B. Remember to blow out the candle before going to sleep.
8. Add a few drops of our Lavender essential oil to a cotton wool pad and place on the radiator in the winter. As the radiator warms the aroma will fill the room.
9. After a bath or shower massage our Lavender Body Oil over your body. Ideally, get your partner to give you a massage and then you give your partner a massage before going to bed. It is as beneficial and therapeutic to give as well as receive a massage.
10. SLEEP WELL AND WAKE REFRESHED